Burnaby Public Library is now offering a safe and contact-free pickup service for books, movies, music and much more.
“We know that access to library materials is so important to the well-being of our community,” said Chief Librarian Beth Davies. “Through Paper Bag Pickup, we are pleased to provide a service that enables library users to remain connected and engaged during COVID-19.”
How to use Paper Bag Pickup:
- Place hold through the library catalogue using your library card number and PIN
- Select pickup location
- The library will notify you when your order is ready
- Schedule pickup time and bring last four digits of your library card number to selected location
- Follow on-site pickup instructions
- Staff will bring your bagged items to a table
Paper Bag Pickup is available at all four branches from Monday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and will be in effect until branches re-open for normal operations.
Don’t know what to pick? Never placed a hold? Call or email the library, and staff can help with reading recommendations and finding items in the collection. Library staff can also put together a personalized bag of library items that can be picked up at your nearest Burnaby Public Library branch.
Physical distancing measures will be in effect during Paper Bag Pickup.
Library items can be returned at dropboxes at all four branches between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Saturday. There are no late fees.
Learn More: Paper Bag Pickup
For more information contact: 604-436-5400