Starting on May 13, City of Burnaby will begin to re-open a number of City-owned outdoor facilities in a limited capacity.
The following facilities will be progressively re-opened:
- Boat launches (docks) at Deer Lake, Burnaby Fraser Foreshore and Barnet Marine Park. Physical distancing must be observed, on and off the water
- Public washrooms
- Sports fields for casual play only. Games and organized sports are not allowed. Sports Fields at Swangard and Burnaby Lake Sports Complex West remain closed.
- Tennis and pickleball courts for casual play, singles matches only (specific rules are posted at the courts)
- Sports courts (badminton, bocce, horseshoe, table tennis, tetherball, volleyball)
- Skate parks
- Disc golf course at Robert Burnaby Park
- Mountain Air Bike Skills Park and Taylor Park Bike Park
Not all of these amenities will be available May 13. City staff will be posting guidelines and signage, and monitoring usage to ensure the risk to public health remains low. Residents are reminded to follow all protocols and guidelines on signage posted at these facilities. Failure to follow rules may result in facilities being closed.
Please remember to practice physical distancing when using these facilities and avoid or limit usage during peak hours.