Is your lawn a mess because of European chafer beetles? To help manage this pesky problem, the City of Burnaby is offering nematodes at a reduced rate for Burnaby residents.
Nematodes are microscopic roundworms that actively seek out and kill chafer grubs, helping to control the spread of chafer beetles.
Burnaby residents can pre-purchase subsidized nematode packages at a cost of $44.99 plus taxes on the pre-subsidy price (regular $89.99). Pre-purchases must be made in-person* at GardenWorks (Lougheed Hwy location only) until May 31, while supplies last.
- Limit of two (2) nematode packages per residential property
- Available on a first-come, first-served basis (no rain checks)
- Payment required at time of ordering
- Two (2) recent pieces of ID for proof of Burnaby residency required (e.g. Government issued identification and utility bill, tax notice or credit card bill)
- A Lawn Watering Exemption Permit will be issued at time of nematode package pick up (permits are non-transferable)
If you are unable to visit the store in-person, a neighbour or relative may pre-purchase on your behalf. They will require proof of residency for your property (i.e. photocopy or scanned image of your driver’s licence and tax notice, utility bill or credit card bill), along with written and signed consent from the property owner.
GardenWorks (6250 Lougheed Highway) until May 31, while supplies last.
Hours: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Email: email@example.com (contact by email is preferred)
Phone: 604-299-0621 (press 6 for Garden Supplies)
Due to COVID-19, customers are asked to comply with increased health and safety measures, including physical distancing.
Learn More: burnaby.ca/chafer
For more information, contact:
City of Burnaby, Engineering Department